Pages

9.27.2011

rabbit stew - paint phase 2

I finished the drawing phase of "rabbit stew" and started painting it. The first thing to get "oiled" was the water, and so far I did two layers of it. I think it's up to a point where I am content with it, I will see whether it needs more work once I paint the rabbits. Check it out!

This is the painting in its most recent stage. The water here got a second layer of oil paint, where I added more light colors and yellows and enhanced some of the highlights.

2nd glaze of water

Below is the first painted layer of water. I took this photo under studio lighting as supposed to the natural light in the photo above.

1st layer of water

Here is a water close-up:



I am really enjoying her face, and therefore keep taking pics of it. The woman received soft oil glazes as well, which helped bring out her skin tones, and added richness to the colored pencils.



On another note, I have a bunch of art shows coming up during October and November, I think five... so stay tuned! The first exhibition I will be participating in is the Digable Arts Festival. It's a two day event in Hoboken, NJ on Oct. 15 & 16. I did last year, and it was pretty awesome, so I am excited for this year's. For the first time I will have mini prints of "the republic", and perhaps "mango and piƱa". I might also showcase the finished original "rabbit stew"! :)