Pages

9.01.2011

jarritos!

I did a painting for the Jarritos Flavor City design contest. Jarritos is a Mexican soda brand, with delicious flavors. I had so much fun working on this piece, except the only problem with painting Jarritos is that you get really thirsty.... 
Here is my submission with detail views and pics of the progress. Enjoy!





"mango and piña" 
oil and pencils on wood
16in x 20in

detail 1
detail 2- chug it!!


The contest guidelines stated that you needed to include the Jarritos logo as well as at least one of their bottles. I chose to paint the flavors 'pineapple' and 'mango' because not only are they yummy, but also because I love working with yellow and orange. 


Here are some of the progress shots:












(I think I have a left over Al Pastor taco in the fridge... I am off to investigate)