Pages

8.22.2011

huge inspiration

Often I get asked about my inspirations, about what inspires to me to make the paintings that I do. There is never just one element that make me tick creatively, but I have to say that water is a big one.
Here are some photos of me surfing in New York. Although I am not yet the poster child for Roxy, I love this sport as it is one of the more difficult ones and the most rewarding.











I went out two times that beautiful day, in the morning and then a little later in the afternoon after my chickpea salad breakfast and some sunbathing. The first time I was on my board (6'10", pictured above) and the second time a fellow ocean lover let me borrow their longboard (8', pictured in the "action" pics).

Then in the evening I did some Power Vinyassa yoga. I call that a fulfilling day!

Photo courtesy: Bob Arkow