Pages

6.19.2011

contrast art show 4

After I got off the plane, coming back from my long awaited Euro trip to Poland, I went to set up yet another installation of the Contrast Art Show that took place at 320 Studios (well actually I stopped at the beach first). The Studios are owned by John Stavros, and the awesome art shows are curated by Jack Davletshin. "Contrast is an art exhibition which puts together a variation of artists, artistic movement groups, and several upcoming galleries; in a frivolous attempt to show the rising styles and trends of art in New York City".
Along with the visual art, there were live performances including body painting by Valerie Vanone and Trace Von Becker, as well as a live painting session by Chelsea Greene Lewyta, an aerialist performance by Catherine Herrmann
and a dancing light performance presented by Catherine Galasso. 


So, here are some of the photos form the show (courtesy of Chelsea Greene): 
Zofia Bogusz (my set-up) I like how the art seems to float...


Chelsea Greene


Jack Davletshin & Scott Michael Ackerman


rat sculptures, very cool!