Pages

11.11.2012

in the flesh

I have started working on some small graphite drawings. I love the colors and vibrancy of working with oils, but have missed the raw simplicity of pencil. 

The themes in these new pieces will be varied, with limited color. My goal is just to take the bare essential of my artwork. To strip it down to what defines my work, but also have freedom to explore. 

It seems like I will take use of the female nude (partial nude at least). I was never too big on nudity as I think there is something nice about having to use your imagination to get the full picture. At the same time, there is something very simple, raw, beautiful and vulnerable about the bare human body. Coincidentally, I feel like I am at a pivotal point in my life, examining what is most essential to my happiness and success, having to face my own vulnerabilities.